Good Teaching and Learning at Landshut University of Applied Sciences
Landshut University of Applied Sciences sees itself as a University of Excellence for interdisciplinary, lifelong learning in engineering, business administration and social work. With regard to tuition we are practically-oriented, interdisciplinary, international and focussed on lifelong learning. We place a great deal of importance on high quality and enable our students to acquire subject-specific, social, procedural, systemic, methodological and entrepreneurial skills and expertise.
- We appreciate diversity amongst our teaching staff and students and use it to further develop our teaching. In particular, our teaching is designed to be barrier-free and sensitive to diversity.
- As lecturers we support students in their professional and personal development, encourage the acquisition of a variety of skills and expertise on the basis of scientific knowledge and create space for active participation.
- We tailor the content and form of our courses and examinations to competence-oriented learning aims and make these transparent. As students we actively participate in achieving these learning aims.
- We regularly examine our applied didactic methods for suitability and are continuously concerned with new and as yet unused didactic methods and media.
- We practice an open feedback culture. As lecturers we give feedback promptly, are open to feedback from students and use it to develop our teaching and programme content. As students we use the opportunities to acquire feedback skills and offer responsible, constructive evaluations.