Recognition of Examination Results

Do you want to study at a particular foreign university and obtain credits that will be recognised for your degree programme?

Please note the following points:

Before your stay abroad:

  • For general information, please contact the International Office
  • Find out which modules are offered at the foreign university via the Internet using our respective Info Sheets
  • Arrange a so-called Learning Agreement with the respective international faculty coordinator
  • For ET/WI students: in addition to the Learning Agreement, fill out the so-called Step by Step Guide and coordinate these documents with the international faculty coordinator.

During your stay abroad:

  • Adjust your Learning Agreement to ensure recognition when courses are changed
  • Contact your international faculty coordinator and submit the modified LA to the International Office during your stay

After your stay abroad:

  • Use the form Recognition of examinations to have the courses agreed in the Learning Agreement officially recognised by the examination board
  • If necessary, please contact our Recognition Office (zeugnisanerkennung(at) for the conversion of grades.
  • Submit the following documents to the International Office:
    • Request for recognition
    • Signed Learning Agreement
    • For ET/WI: Step by Step Guide
    • Confirmation of grades from the university / college abroad
  • The IO checks and passes on the documents to the SSZ and the examination board for recognition.