Within the context of their respective research projects, IKON members deal with a wide range of topics that are relevant to social change and cohesion research, including, inter alia, the following:
- New inequalities and exclusions
- The re-appropriation of the ability of individuals and groups in different social spaces to take action
- Disease conditions and healthcare action
- Phenomena of violence in domestic and institutional contexts
- Changes in gender paradigms and the organisation of everyday family life
- The need to shape the migration society
To facilitate a consideration of the aforementioned topics from various scientific perspectives, some of the research projects involve interfaculty or interdisciplinary collaborations.