Within the context of their respective research projects, IKON members deal with a wide range of topics that are relevant to social change and cohesion research, including the following:
- New inequalities and exclusions
- Reappropriation of individuals and groups' ability to take action in different social spaces
- Medical conditions and health behaviour
- Violent phenomena in family and institutional contexts
- Changes in gender patterns and everyday family life
- Constitution requirements in the migration society
Some of the research projects involve interfaculty or interdisciplinary collaboration to facilitate the consideration of the aforementioned topics from various scientific perspectives.