Institute for Social Change and Cohesion Research (IKON)
The current socio-economic change is a social challenge for the organisation of economics, technology and social coexistence. Background are the changes of the industrial modernity to a service and knowledge society. Social Work is concerned on the one hand of the reformed welfare state principles and at the same time challenged by the impact of increased social inequality and exclusion relations.
The main objektive of cohesion research is an ever new-to-find cohesion of societies in transformation processes.The main topics are:
- New inequalities and exclusions
- Reappropriation of respective capabilities of individuals and groups in each different social spaces
- Disease conditions and health behaviour
- Violent phenomena in familiar and institutional contexts
- Changes in gender patterns and family everyday life
- Constitution requirements in the migration society
In addition of the strategies of individuals and groups also concepts of social institutions as well as public health and education institutions are praktical evaluated and accompanied. In addition to social work scientific approaches and social and political sciences, educational, psychological, legal, health and cultural studies perspectives are included. The institute brings together and supports interdisciplinary research projects and is open to cross-faculty cooperation.