Institute for Social Change and Cohesion Research (IKON)
The Institute for Social Change and Cohesion Research (IKON) developed from the research focus of the same name at Landshut University of Applied Sciences.
The current socio-economic change is a social challenge for the organisation of economics, technology and social coexistence. The background to this is the changes from industrial modernity to a service and knowledge society. Social work is affected on the one hand by the reformed welfare state principles and at the same time challenged by the impact of increased social inequality and exclusionary relationships.
The main objective of cohesion research is to constantly find cohesion of societies in transformation processes anew. The main topics are:
- New inequalities and exclusions
- Reappropriation of individuals' and groups' ability to take action in different social spaces
- Medical conditions and health behaviour
- Violent phenomena in family and institutional contexts
- Changes in gender patterns and everyday family life
- Constitution requirements in the migration society
In addition to the strategies of individuals and groups, social institution and public health and education institution concepts are practically evaluated and accompanied. In addition to social work scientific approaches, social and political sciences, educational, psychological, legal, health and cultural studies perspectives are included.