Due to current developments on the topic of the coronavirus, the Bavarian state government has postponed the start of lecture operations until 20 April!
The new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the resulting infectious disease ("Corona virus induced disease", COVID-19) continue to spread. The number of cases is increasing in Europe. The Landshut University of Applied Sciences has created this web page that will be regularly updated to inform all university members and students.
For additional information the Federal Ministry of Health has launched a FAQ page.
Any additional questions can be adressed to pressestelle(at)haw-landshut.de.
The Helpdesk, the Student Service Centre, the General Student Advice and Career Service, the International Office, the library and the Vocational Training Academy are open again but can still be reached by e-mail and phone. If you show up in person, a face-mask as well as the minimum distance of 1,5 metres is required.
The library has been reopend since March 11th!! Here you'll find further information!
Summer semester 2021
Regulations for the summer semester 2021:
On the basis of the Thirteenth Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance of June 5, there is the possibility of offering face-to-face events such as seminars and tutorials at the university - on a voluntary basis. Both lecturers and students are free to use this opportunity. As Science Minister Bernd Sibler emphasized in his press release on June 4th, the summer semester can still be studied digitally - this also applies to the Landshut University of Applied Sciences.
The following hygiene rules apply to all face-to-face events:
- FFP2 masks are compulsory at the university campus (also outside); Employees are required to wear a medical face mask, except after reaching the respective workplace, unless other people are present in the room.
- The participants must keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m during the events.
- Test evidence is not required up to a 7-day incidence of 50. Proof of the test does not have to be provided until the 7-day incidence is over 50.
- Contact tracing takes place with the necessary registration via QR code (via UniNow app or web-based), which is attached to the corresponding rooms. In exceptional cases, it is also possible to record it using a paper-based form.
During the entire examination period from 25.06 to 31.07.21 an FFP2 mask is required on the entire campus.
Corona virus incidence
Keep space between tables
Lecture halls, computer rooms and laboratories were equipped with tables and seats in order to ensure a space of 1.5 metres in any direction to the next person. Please note that tables and seats are not to be rearranged. Any kind of rearrangement needs to be cleared by the safety-at-work officer.
At the moment, no students are allowed on campus. Lectures take place online only.
Report a COVID-illness
In case of a COVID-19-illness local health authorities will provide necessary measures; this includes possible quarantine provisions of contact persons. Irrespective of that, we ask you to inform us immediately if you are tested positive for COVID-19. Please send an E-Mail to Arbeitssicherheit(at)haw-landshut.de. Further steps will be initiated after that.
Extended mandatory use of face masks in regions with incidence-value above 35 new infections
Universities in regions with a 7-day-incidence-value of above 35 are required to comply with regulations of an extended mandatory use of face masks: the mandatory use of face masks does not only apply to circulation areas but also to all kinds of lecture rooms – even when seated. The extended use of face masks also applies to lecturers; an exemption can only be made in cases when they are seated behind a plexiglass.
Landshut (Stadt): (PNP Ticker)
Dingolfing-Landau: (PNP Ticker)
Straubing (Stadt): (PNP Ticker)
Passau (Landkreis): (PNP Ticker)
Tirschenreuth: (RKI Dashboard)
An extended use of face masks is necessary in Landshut, Dingolfing, Straubing, Hauzenberg, Ruhstorf and Tirschenreuth.
In case further measures will be necessary, we will inform you in due time.
Given the current situation, courses of the winter semester will mostly be provided digitally. Simultaneously, we will try to provide as many courses in presence as possible.
This year's graduation ceremony cannot take place. According to current plans, the event is postponed to autumn 2021.
Service and guidance
If you have any questions regarding your studies please contact:
Campus restrictions for certain groups
Due to the increasing number of new corona infections, the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care in agreement with the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and Art issued the following general decree for universities:
1. People who were in an area that was designated as a risk area by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) at the time of their stay or was designated as such within 14 days after, may not enter universities in Bavaria within a period of 14 days after leaving this area.
2. This general decree shall enter into force on March 18, 2020 and will expire on April 19, 2020.
All Persons mentioned above are prohibited from entering the grounds and buildings of the universities nationwide. This measure applies regardless of whether signs of illness appear or not.
Regulations for incoming and outgoing students and lecturers
Special regulations for incoming students and lecturers have been passed by the International Office in cooperation with the DAAD. A corresponding information sheet has been prepared in English.
Lecturers and students who are leaving the country for the summer semester are kindly requested to contact the International Office of the partner university or the local employer to obtain risk terms and conditions in the destination areas and information about entry regulations from the Federal Foreign Office.
In order to protect yourself from infection with coronavirus, it is essential to observe the following hygiene rules:
- always wash your hands thoroughly
- do not shake hands
- when coughing or sneezing, keep at least one meter distance from other people and turn away
- sneeze into a disposable handkerchief. Use it only once and dispose it in a bin with a lid
- wash your hands thoroughly after sneezing or coughing!
- if no handkerchief is available, hold the crook of your arm in front of your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing and also turn away from other people
- in case of highly contagious infections, inform the practitioner by telephone before a visit so that appropriate protective measures can be taken
An audio visual guide to appropriate hygiene measures is available on the website World Health Organisation's.