Due to current developments on the topic of the coronavirus, the Bavarian state government has postponed the start of lecture operations until 20 April!
The new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the resulting infectious disease ("Corona virus induced disease", COVID-19) continue to spread. The number of cases is increasing in Europe. The Landshut University of Applied Sciences has created this web page that will be regularly updated to inform all university members and students.
For additional information the Federal Ministry of Health has launched a FAQ page.
Any additional questions can be adressed to pressestelle(at)haw-landshut.de.
The Helpdesk, the Student Service Centre, the General Student Advice and Career Service, the International Office, the library and the Vocational Training Academy are open again but can still be reached by e-mail and phone. If you show up in person, a face-mask as well as the minimum distance of 1,5 metres is required.
The library has been reopend since March 11th!! Here you'll find further information!
On campus regulations and 3G Rule
As already announced in our email of August 4th, 2021, the aim of the university management is to enable the highest possible proportion of face-to-face teaching for the winter semester 2021/2022. Taking into account the information and specifications last updated on September 14th by the Bavarian State Ministry for Science and Art, we can now return to an extensive normalization of teaching operations for the winter semester 2021/2022. Landshut University of Applied Sciences has determined the following key points, taking into account the currently known requirements:
- The full-time lecturers will hold at least 50% of their courses in attendance at the university. For this reason, the parallel planning described in accordance with the mail of August 4th, 2021, with a high proportion of face-to-face teaching, applies.
- In buildings and closed rooms, it is mandatory to wear a medical face mask (mask requirement). This does not apply in particular to lecturers and employees at fixed sitting, standing or workplaces, provided that a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other people is reliably maintained; this also applies to speakers. Since the previously applicable minimum distance of 1.5 m is waived for lectures and internships, there is a continuous obligation for students to wear a medical face mask in buildings and closed rooms on the university campus for the duration of their stay and thus also while campus lectures and internships.
- If the 7-day incidence in the area of a district administrative authority exceeds 35, access to the university (to buildings and other closed rooms) may only be made by people who have been vaccinated, recovered or tested (3G rule). All employees are exempt from the 3G rule. Likewise, students are not bound by the 3G rule for exams.
- In addition to the pharmacies offering them, students in Landshut can use the rapid test centers in the Grieserwiese parking lot for tests. Employees continue to receive adequate self-tests.
- The university is obliged to review the vaccination, recovery or test certificates to be submitted. For this reason, the university will commission an external security service with the inspection.
- All university members must ensure that the infection protection law and the infection protection concept are complied with in the areas for which they are responsible. This applies in particular to superiors, chairpersons, examiners and lecturers. Further information can be found in the university's infection protection concept.
- As part of the 3G rule, a written or electronic negative test evidence of an infection with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is required from tested persons
- a PCR test, PoC-PCR test or a test using other methods of nucleic acid amplification technology that was carried out a maximum of 48 hours ago, or
- a PoC antigen test that was performed no more than 24 hours ago,
- A person who develops typical symptoms of an infection with the coronavirus during their stay at the university has to leave the university rooms and the university building immediately and inform the university at firstname.lastname@example.org. The university reports the matter immediately to the responsible health authority, which, if necessary, in consultation with the university, takes further measures (e.g. quarantine measures), which must be implemented by the university according to the circumstances.
Failure to comply with the 3G rule is subject to a fine. Irrespective of this, the university can exercise its domiciliary rights by issuing a house ban.
Corona virus incidence
Keep space between tables
Lecture halls, computer rooms and laboratories were equipped with tables and seats in order to ensure a space of 1.5 metres in any direction to the next person. Please note that tables and seats are not to be rearranged. Any kind of rearrangement needs to be cleared by the safety-at-work officer.
At the moment, no students are allowed on campus. Lectures take place online only.
Report a COVID-illness
In case of a COVID-19-illness local health authorities will provide necessary measures; this includes possible quarantine provisions of contact persons. Irrespective of that, we ask you to inform us immediately if you are tested positive for COVID-19. Please send an E-Mail to Arbeitssicherheit(at)haw-landshut.de. Further steps will be initiated after that.
Extended mandatory use of face masks in regions with incidence-value above 35 new infections
Universities in regions with a 7-day-incidence-value of above 35 are required to comply with regulations of an extended mandatory use of face masks: the mandatory use of face masks does not only apply to circulation areas but also to all kinds of lecture rooms – even when seated. The extended use of face masks also applies to lecturers; an exemption can only be made in cases when they are seated behind a plexiglass.
Landshut (Stadt): (PNP Ticker)
Dingolfing-Landau: (PNP Ticker)
Straubing (Stadt): (PNP Ticker)
Passau (Landkreis): (PNP Ticker)
Tirschenreuth: (RKI Dashboard)
An extended use of face masks is necessary in Landshut, Dingolfing, Straubing, Hauzenberg, Ruhstorf and Tirschenreuth.
In case further measures will be necessary, we will inform you in due time.
Given the current situation, courses of the winter semester will mostly be provided digitally. Simultaneously, we will try to provide as many courses in presence as possible.
This year's graduation ceremony cannot take place. According to current plans, the event is postponed to autumn 2021.
Service and guidance
If you have any questions regarding your studies please contact:
In order to protect yourself from infection with coronavirus, it is essential to observe the following hygiene rules:
- always wash your hands thoroughly
- do not shake hands
- when coughing or sneezing, keep at least one meter distance from other people and turn away
- sneeze into a disposable handkerchief. Use it only once and dispose it in a bin with a lid
- wash your hands thoroughly after sneezing or coughing!
- if no handkerchief is available, hold the crook of your arm in front of your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing and also turn away from other people
- in case of highly contagious infections, inform the practitioner by telephone before a visit so that appropriate protective measures can be taken
An audio visual guide to appropriate hygiene measures is available on the website World Health Organisation's.