Language Certificate

Students at Landshut University of Applied Sciences who need a language certificate in English for a semester abroad or an internship abroad proceed as follows:

It is generally advisable to take an English language course from the language programme of the Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies as preparation for a stay abroad, where the language of communication is English.

If you have taken an English course at HAW Landshut, the language certificate will be issued by the Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies).

In this case please send the following documents to Margit Dumser together with:

  1. concrete purposes of the stay abroad
  2. your Transcript of Records of your including your language course at UAS Landshut


If someone has not attended a language course at HAW Landshut, the following procedure applies:

  • At fixed dates a short placement test (40 minutes) is offered by IDS. Please look up the next Dates here.
  • Please apply via Moodle Plattform:
  • However, only a level up to CEFR B2 can be certified. For a higher level, the student must complete an external language assessment (CAE, TOEFL or similar).

If you have questions about your language level or need advice, please contact Margit Dumser.